Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Extraordinary home

The Bordeaux home of architect Patrick Hernandez and his wife, antique dealer Florence Lopez. Remember that green I was so taken with? Here it is again. (Couldn't bear to crop this photo, but if you double click on it, you can view it bigger.)

Black kitchen, with the matte black paint even covering the appliances! The table and chairs are stunning. And hello giant industrial pendant!

Metal strips cover damaged floorboards.

Original stone meets cheery yellow.

Their color sense is so on. I love it when fancy homes feel so casual, so relatable. You just forget that all the furniture is alarmingly expensive.

from World of Interiors, via Florence Lopez

3 comments:

nelya said...

Oh, this place hurts so good. Does that even make any sense? The palette is so beautiful I'm salivating. And I love what they did to solve the problem of the damaged floorboards. That is some seriously brilliant problem solving.

erin@designcrisis said...

I love all of it. Every. single. thing.

erin@designcrisis said...

ps, I have GOT to start buying World of Interiors!!!!!